Hi, I would like to tell you something that you can try out the next time you feel yourself getting tensed and the anxiety starting to build up.
It is good that you can notice when you are getting tensed and can see the anxiety building up.
One information you should keep in mind is this. Anxiety and tension are some negative energies in your body. Even those anxious thoughts and feelings are energies which are trying to leave your body. And the most important thing to remember , is that you cant control these. You must have already noticed that when the tension and anxious thoughts start to build up you are usually helpless and cant do a thing to stop it.
A few things , when you see tension building up in you :
1. Remember that these are negative energies in your body trying to come out.
2. Remember that you cant control them and you cant stop them. Trying to stop it feeds more energy to it and it gets stronger and stronger.
3. When you have done the first 2 , then sit down for some time . dont try to do anything. relax and let the tension and all the anxiety come. let the energies pass through you without trying to control them.
Keep watching the energies. See if you can notice if the tension has increased or decreased.dont try to change if it has increased.
4.dont try to stop it or control it. Dont try to make it end faster, because it wont.
5. Keep noticing the movement of energies without focusing on any one thought. see all of it as just energy.
6. Soon , you will feel the release of the energy and you will be feeling much calmer.
I know you wont be able to do it all for the first time. If you cant , it is completely okay. But make it a habit to keep observing the tension and anxiety as long as you are comfortable.Say to yourself that "I will notice the anxiety and tension for upto one minute.I will let the tension and anxiety be there for one minute and then i can go on and try to control it , become panicky whatever but for one minute , i will let the tension and anxiety be there and just watch it."
I think that above statement is the most important one. and just remembering this would do the trick.
Please try this out. I am sure it will help.